Thursday, May 9, 2013

resume for next sem


202 Kinney Dr.

Jeffersonville, VT 05464

(802) 363-6376 (cell)

travis.snyder@jsc.edu, travi.snyder914@gmail.com

Travis SNYDER

Objective

 
To provide children with the best education using my fellow colleagues as a team. Giving every child an opportunity to succeed in the classroom and in the future.    

Skills & Abilities

 
I have spent 200 hours in classrooms in Vermont observing and substituting. More than 120 hours have been at Cambridge Elementary in the Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 5th grade level. I have 3 years of experience in a daycare caring for children from ages 6 weeks old to 3.5 years old. I am able to get children to respect me in a fun, bright, and safe way. I have a calm and understanding approach in dealing with children.

Experience

 

Child Care Giver, Smugglers Notch resort

December 2009, December 2012
I worked at the daycare to have a better understanding of children and their needs. I wanted to learn how to become a better father to my newborn son. The daycare has been a huge accomplishment in the direction of becoming an educator.

Costume character, smugglers notch resort

June 2011, June 2012
Being involved with Costume Characters was a great way to learn how children react to a non-human figure. Children’s faces would light up the room when they got a glance of character. The part I enjoyed most was that I could get out of my shell and act like a fool, using all my energy and I never had to worry about what people thought.

Activities supervisor, smugglers notch resort

December 2012, present
This most recent job is most important to me because I have proved to my company I am an asset to the resort and to my department. This role includes leading employees in their duties, fixing conflicts, and providing a safe and non-hostile work environment. 

Education

 

ESSesx high school-essex, vt-high school diploma

Four years in high school with a focus on early childhood education courses, including a leadership course teaching us how to feel comfortable with public speaking. I played football and lacrosse, which taught me to how to work well with others.

Johnson State college-johnson, vt-completed four years

Elementary Education Major with a concentration in Art. 92.50 received credits as of December 2012 cumulative GPA of 2.962. Estimated completion: spring 2014

Communication

 
I have been receiving new knowledge from my JSC courses on how to better my future career as an educator. My most recent course has taught me how to work as a team using colleagueship and giving children their voice through advocacy. I have recently needed to advocate on behalf of one of my lacrosse players as I am his coach, and the course taught me how to properly deal with the situation at a safe professional level. 

Leadership

 
My leadership has been tested in sports, classrooms, work and as a father of my small family. Leaders are ready for any scenario life throws at them. I have proven my leadership in the work force by being promoted and accepting more responsibility.

References

 

Shelly Schaffer

Director, Smuggler Daycare Program
(802) 644-1180
sschaffer@smuggs.com

Regina ritcher-winters

Advisor
(802) 635-1300
Regina.ritcher@jsc.edu

STACY COMISHOCK

Director, Smugglers Activities
(802) 644-8544
scomishock@smuggs.com
 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment