Thursday, May 9, 2013

Why teach


Travis Snyder

Love what you do and do what you love, this saying is exactly what speaks to me as wanting to be a classroom teacher for elementary students. My childhood in classrooms were full of discipline and parent teacher conferences. I could never love school in elementary school. I saw school as a place where I got in trouble. I moved to Vermont when I was ten and realized that not only women can be teachers. I soon had great relationships with all the male teachers and another thing happened where I enjoyed going to school. When I was in fifth grade I loved school for the first time. My favorite teacher was my fifth grade teacher and I still tell that same man that he made me love coming to school. This is the number one reason I am pursuing to become an educator. I have known what I wanted to do with my life since eight grade when I was picking classes to take for my freshmen year. I never wanted to sit behind a computer typing all day long. I had a connection with children and was able to make them happy and feel comfortable with me. I first wanted to become a P.E. teacher for my love of sports and teaching. My decision changed when I started observing the connection teachers had with their students. Their students were more than just students to them, they were more. The teachers treated their students as if they were they’re very own children. Laughing, joking, scolding, helping and caring for them. They want the best for their children and their students. When a teacher cares about a child’s future, they love their career as a teacher.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment